The California MUTCD Sign Charts contain commonly used signs in California, and is not meant to be used as a comprehensive or stand-alone design tool. For all official traffic signs and sign policies, see CA MUTCD Revision 7.
Specification details for manufacture of signs is provided on the Caltrans Sign Specifications webpage (for CA coded signs) or in the FHWA Standard Highway Signs Book (for MUTCD coded signs).
The contents of these publications are not copyrighted and may be reprinted freely.
2014 Revision 3 Charts (Effective March 10, 2023):
CA Sign Charts Revision 3 (PDF) [28MB, 16 pages total: cover page + 15 sheets]
Traffic Control Devices
Policy & Guidance
- CA MUTCD | Get Email Notifications
- Division Policy:
- CA Numbered Exit Uniform System (Cal-NExUS)
- Contractor-Furnished Sign & Standard Plans
- Construction Project Funding Identification Signs
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) Signs
- Sign Charts
- Sign Specification Drawings | Spec Updates
- Specific Service (Business Logo) Signs
- Tourist Oriented Directional Signs
- Victims Memorial Signs
- Zero-Emission Vehicle Signage