Process for State Funded HSIP Projects
All HSIP Cycle 10 projects will be funded with state funds. Click the below link to view the List of Approved HSIP Cycle 10 Projects.
The delivery of the HSIP Cycle 10 projects must meet the below milestones:
- The PE phase (if applicable) must be allocated by 12/31/2021;
- The Construction (CON) phase must be allocated by 3/31/2024; and
- The project must be completed and closed out by 3/31/2026.
Prior to starting the work, please submit the funding allocation request. The allocation request is processed through Caltrans Division of Local Assistance (DLA), not the California Transportation Commission (CTC).
The funding allocation request is Phase specific, i.e. Preliminary Engineering (PE), Right of Way (ROW) or Construction (CON). The local agency must submit a separate Request for Funding Allocation prior to starting each phase of the project. Please use the below templates in preparing your funding allocation request:
The below links provide a quick guide to implementing state funded HSIP projects and documents needed in preparing funding allocation requests:
- A Quick Guide to Implementing State Funded HSIP Projects
- Request for Funding Allocation (Right click link and select “Save link as …” to download)
- Template for Finance Letter (Right click link and select “Save link as …” to download)
Highway Safety Improvement Program
- Approved Project Lists
- Call-for-Projects, Guidelines and Safety Manual
- Delivery Requirements and Status of Approved Projects
- Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP)
- Local HSIP Advisory Committee
- Local Roadway Safety Plan (LRSP) and Systemic Safety Analysis Report Program (SSARP)
- Process for State Funded HSIP Projects
- Roadway Safety Training and Materials