ATP General and Technical Information
Baseline agreements establish the agreed-upon expected benefits, project scope, schedule, and cost of a project for which the California Transportation Commission (CTC) has approved funding. These agreements provide a foundation for project monitoring and reporting and identify the agency responsible for reporting on the progress made towards the implementation of the project. The baseline agreements are considered the front-end document that forms the foundation for the Commission’s in-progress and follow-up accountability.
In accordance with the SB 1 Accountability and Transparency Guidelines (PDF), the Commission expects Caltrans to coordinate all baseline agreements for the Active Transportation Program (ATP) projects with a total project cost of $25 million or greater or a total programmed amount of $10 million or greater adopted in the 2017 Active Transportation Program Augmentation and subsequent program amendments and adoptions.
Approved baseline agreement is required prior to allocating all phases other than PA&ED and after the environmental document has been completed. Baseline agreements for projects with completed environmental documents should be approved by CTC within 4 months after programming. For projects that completed the environmental phase after programming, baseline agreements are due 6 months after environmental certification. Typically, the baseline agreement process can take about 2-3 months to complete.
BASELINE AGREEMENT PACKAGE
Here's the list of required documents that the local agency needs to provide to Caltrans HQ DLA:
- Baseline Agreement (1 e-copy)
- Project Programming Request Form (1 e-copy)
- Benefits form with current and projected user counts (1 e-copy)
- List, on separate page, any discrepancies between the Baseline Agreement, approved Project Application, PPR, the Project Report (or equivalent, if NEPA is completed), etc.; each discrepancy must have justification/explanation. (1 e-copy of page)
- Approved CEQA document(s) (1 e-copy)
If NEPA has been completed, please include the following documents with the submittal:
- Approved NEPA document(s) (1 e-copy)
- Project Report (or equivalent; 1 e-copy)
If you need more information, please visit the CTC Baseline Agreements
For assistance with the Baseline Agreement, please contact:
ATP Program Coordinator
Division of Local Assistance, Caltrans HQ