Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL)
The Future of State Route 37: Problems + Solutions
The future of the State Route (SR) 37 corridor demands finding solutions to chronic traffic congestion and periodic flooding. It also requires balancing transportation needs with protecting and enhancing sensitive marshland habitats. Planning a long-term solution presents an opportunity to provide bicycle, pedestrian, transit, and carpool options for all travelers. Caltrans is conducting a comprehensive, long-range Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) Study to identify the best solutions to address the corridor’s deficiencies.
March 2022: Get Involved!
Please provide us with your thoughts and suggestions on planning a more resilient, reliable, safer facility for all travelers!
- Review the flyover of alignment simulations and send comments via email.
- Submit your comments and ideas on the interactive corridor map or via email.
- Sign up for email updates.
- Follow the project on Facebook and Twitter.
- Call the Highway 37 Public Information Line: (510) 286-1204.
Learn more about the PEL study and share input for the SR 37 corridor.
- Take a Virtual Tour of the SR 37 corridor.
- View past public meetings.
- January 25, 2022 Public Meeting.
- Watch the May 26, 2021 Public Meeting.
- View the April 15, 2021 Town Hall Meeting presentation slides (PDF).
- Learn more about the PEL Study process.
- Review previous studies, assessments, and reference documents.
One Corridor, One Team
Caltrans, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), and the transportation authorities for Marin, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma counties are working together on the PEL Study to identify and narrow the range of alternatives to be advanced for environmental review and construction. We are integrating previous studies and assessments conducted for the corridor while we continue to work to identify long term solutions. These studies are integrated to deliver a roadway that will serve both long-term transportation needs and the environment. Learn more about collaborative efforts for the SR 37 corridor by visiting Resilient 37 – Sonoma County Transportation Authority (ca.gov).
Corridor Overview of Linkages
- US 101 (Novato) in Marin County to SR 121 (Sears Point) in Sonoma County: 4-Lane Expressway
- Click here for a virtual tour of the US 101 to SR 121 (Sears Point)