Research, Innovation and System Information
The Division of Research, Innovation and System Information (DRISI) advances California’s transportation system, develops comprehensive transportation solutions, and creates and distributes transportation-related knowledge and information. We continuously work to turn innovative ideas into sustainable solutions that address a wide range of transportation challenges.
The purpose of DRISI is to provide solutions and knowledge that improve California's transportation system. DRISI’s purpose and goals reflect the vital function the division performs in support of Caltrans' mission to provide a safe, sustainable, integrated, and efficient transportation system to enhance California’s economy and livability.
We build and leverage our mission-critical skills and knowledge and organize staff and resources to deliver the highest quality transportation research and system information solutions to our customers. Contact the Division of Research, Innovation and System Information
- Executive Office
- Office of Data Services and Technology (ODST)
- Office of Highway System Information and Performance (OHSIP)
- Office of Innovation (OI)
- Office of Materials and Infrastructure (OMI)
- Office of Operations and Resource Management (ORM)
- Office of Planning, Policy and Program Development (OPPPD)
- Office of Safety Innovation and Cooperative Research (OSICR)
- Office of Traffic Operations Research (OTOR)
- Postmile Tool
- University Transportation Centers - Description
- University Transportation Centers - Policy