Call for Submissions
The Division of Research, Innovation & System Information (DRISI) of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) requests research proposals from public research institutions: public colleges, universities, and government agencies that bring solutions to the Caltrans research problems. Respondents are encouraged to engage in collaborations with public agency partners, to enhance the research and to facilitate communication of research results. The DRISI Call For Submissions (CFS) is being offered for FY 2022/2023, please see timeline below.
Private universities or institutions are not eligible participants under this Call For Submissions (CFS) process and direct submittals from these institutions cannot be accepted. Public institutions using subcontracts with private entities are subject to certain conditions and may not meet the solicitation criteria(s).
The research needs for a CFS are based on a direct and comprehensive Initial Scope of Work (ISOW).
- Task 4052 Address Microplastics from Thermoplastic Stripe and Markings (PDF)
- Task 4146 Reconnecting Communities Research (PDF)
- Task 4169 Quantitative Performance Measures for the Caltrans Strategic Investment Strategy (PDF)
- Task 4173 Investigation of the Abilities and Limitations of Travel Demand Modeling in Informing Decision-Making (PDF)
- Task 4175 Induced travel effects from various improvements to highways other than lane additions (PDF)
- Task 4179 Equity concerns related to induced travel (PDF)
CFS Available to Prospective Respondents
Proposal Written Question Submittal Deadline
Responses to Questions
Final Date for Proposal Submission
June 3, 2022
June 10, 2022
June 24, 2022
July 11 , 2022
July 18, 2022
Thank you for your interest in becoming a research partner with the California Department of Transportation
Caltrans Division of Research, Innovation and System Information