Office of Data Services and Technology (ODST)
The Office of Data Services and Technology is the focal point for all GIS activities in the Department including strategic planning, enterprise deployment, spatial data development, cartographic products, training needs, software purchases, and development of GIS applications. The office also specializes in communicating and sharing transportation research results within Caltrans and with the larger transportation community.
April Nitsos, Acting Office Chief
Email April Nitsos
What We Do
- Publish and maintain the Caltrans Linear Referencing System
- Maintain the Caltrans GIS Data Library
- Coordinate and publish the Caltrans Web Map Gallery
- Manage the implementation and deployment of statewide GIS activities for Caltrans
- Create and implement enterprise GIS systems and services
- Lead the coordination of GIS activities at Caltrans
- Manage technology transfer communicating and sharing transportation research results
- Provide research deployment training, expertise, and project specific guidance and mentoring
Geospatial Enterprise Operations Branch
Harold Feinberg, Chief
Email Harold Feinberg
Our responsibilities include GIS oversight and planning.
GIS Linear Referencing Services Branch
Gerald Schumacher, Chief
Email Gerald Schumacher
We maintain the Caltrans State Highway System linear referencing services and the local roads linear referencing services.
Research Deployment BranchJuan Araya, Chief
Email Juan Araya
Our responsibilities include communicating the value of transportation research. Sharing research results is a critical step in facilitating technology transfer and implementing innovative solutions to transportation challenges.
More about Research Deployment Support Branch
We assist in the evaluation, development, demonstration, and deployment of new technologies and products in Transportation research.