A&E Contract Information
Welcome to the Caltrans Architectural and Engineering (A&E) Contracts web page. This page offers links to documents and other information to assist consultants.
Effective July 1, 2019, in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, Caltrans launched an improved website to deliver enhanced digital accessibility. To meet electronic and information technology standards, some documents may no longer be available for download.
For inquiries related to page content or available documents contact A&E Customer Service.
Keep up-to-date on the A&E contracting process by reviewing the Streamlined A&E Contract Process - What's New (PDF).
Be informed of updates to our website - (Under Construction).
A&E Contracts Financial Guidance
- A&E Financial Documents Submittal Folder
- A&E Negotiation Stage D Financial Review Fact Sheet
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Questionnaire and Certification
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Guidance
- AASHTO Audit Guide
- Inspector General Independent Office of Audits and Investigations
- Interpretive Guidance - General A&E Contract Resources
California Code of Regulations
The Department adopted regulations establishing procedures for selection of private architects and engineers. For text see: CA Code Regulations; Title 21, Public Works; Division 2, Department of Transportation; Chapter 12, Selection Process for Private Architectural and Engineering Firms.
- District 3 (Northern Region)
- District 4
- District 5, 6, and 10 (Central Region)
- District 7, 8, and 12 (Southern Region)
- District 11
Cost Proposal Documents
- Frequent Issues with CPA Workpaper Reviews (PDF)
- Milestone (DOCX)
On-Call Cost Proposal Documents
- On-Call Non-Prevailing Wage (DOCX)
- On-Call Other Direct Costs
On-Call Construction Inspection/Surveying Contracts
- Cost Proposal Instructions (PDF)
- Loaded Billing Rate Calculations & Explanations (PDF)
- Prevailing Wage Deltas & Overtime Premiums
Conflict of Interest
Accessibility Assistance: Caltrans makes every attempt to ensure our documents are accessible. Due to variances between assistive technologies, there may be portions of this document which are not accessible. Where documents cannot be made accessible, we are committed to providing alternative access to the content. Should you need additional assistance, please contact us at (279) 234-2213 or visit https://dot.ca.gov/request-ada-compliant-documents.
- A&E Look Ahead Report (XLSX) - This report is updated daily. Clear your Internet browser history if downloaded report is not current.
- A&E DBE/SB/DVBE Commitment for Awarded Contracts FY 21/22 (XLSX)
- Cal eProcure - A&E Contracts Currently Being Advertised (Including Public Private Partnerships and Design Build Projects)
Forms and Instructions
- Architect-Engineer Qualifications (SF330) (Required with SOQ)
- California Civil Rights Laws Certification (ADM-0076) (Required with SOQ)
- Contract Summary (XLSX)
- FFP Hours Report (XLSX)
- FFP Personnel List (XLSX)
- Invoice - Cost Per Unit Work (XLSX)
- Invoice - Fixed Rate Compensation (XLSX)
- Memorandum - Prevailing Wage Certified Payroll Reporting and Overtime Requirements (PDF)
- Payee Data Record (STD 204) (PDF) (Required from Awarded Consultant)
- Small Business Questionnaire (ADM-2046)
- Travel Guidelines for Consultants (Division of Accounting; Travel Guide; Chapter 19)
- Bidder/Proposer Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Good Faith Efforts Documentation (ADM-0312F)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Information (ADM-0227FAE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises Utilization Report (ADM-3069AE)
- Bidder Declaration (GSPD-105) (PDF)
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Declarations (DGS PD 843) (PDF)
Procuring A&E Contracts
Content has been relocated to "Streamlined A&E Contract Process".
Safe Harbor Indirect Cost Rates (SHR)
- California Safe Harbor Rate Form (PDF)
- Caltrans Procedures for Consultants (PDF)
- Streamlined A&E Contract Process - Frequently Asked Questions
- Streamlined A&E Contract Process - Overview (PDF)
- Streamlined A&E Contract Process - What's New (PDF)