Active Transportation Program (ATP) - Cycle 6
ATP Cycle 6 Call-for-ProjectsATP Cycle 6 is expected to include about $650M made up of Federal, State SB1, and State Highway Account (SHA) funding. The funding/programming years include the 23/24, 24/25, 25/26, and 26/27 fiscal years.
The following schedule lists the anticipated major milestones for the development and adoption of the 2023 ATP Cycle 6:
|Program Milestones||Proposed Schedule|
|Call for projects||March 16-17, 2022|
|If your project impacts the SHS, deadline to submit the SHS Impact Assessment Form to Caltrans||May 16, 2022|
|Project Applications Deadline||June 15, 2022|
|Staff recommendation for Statewide Small Urban & Rural components, and Quick-Build Pilot Program posted||October 21, 2022|
|Commission adopts Statewide, Small Urban & Rural components, and Quick-Build Pilot Program||December 7-8, 2022|
|Recommendations for MPO Component posted||May 12, 2023|
|Commission adopts MPO selected projects||June 2023|
For additional information about Cycle 6, view the CTC ATP website.
ATP Cycle 6 Application Information
Links will be added to this webpage as they become available.
ATP Guidelines and Guidance
- 2023 CTC ATP Guidelines (PDF)
- LAPG Ch 25: State Programs for Local Agency Projects (PDF)
- ATP NI Guidance (updated March 2022) (PDF)
ATP Cycle 6 Application
The ATP application has eight project types. Note: The questions in the live application form will change depending on which project type is selected.
Since the live application is a dynamic form, the following expanded PDF versions of the entire application for each project type are provided here for reference only.
- Large Infrastructure (PDF) | Large Infrastructure and Combo I/NI (PDF)
- Medium Infrastructure (PDF) | Medium Infrastructure and Combo I/NI (PDF)
- Small Infrastructure (PDF) | Small Infrastructure and Combo I/NI (PDF)
- Non-Infrastructure (PDF)
- PIan (PDF)
For assistance opening the ATP Cycle 6 Application, refer to these documents:
Note: Server maintenance is scheduled for 6pm on April 15, 2022 through 5pm on April 16, 2022. Additionally, on the weekends of April 30-May 1, 2022 and June 4-5, 2022, server maintenance will be performed and the application form will be unavailable from Saturday 12 am to Sunday 5 pm.
ATP Cycle 6 Application Attachment Forms
- Attachment A: Signature Page (DOCX)
- Attachment B: Engineers' Checklist (DOCX)
- Attachment F: Project Estimate (Required for all Infrastructure Projects) (XLSX)
- Attachment G: Non-Infrastructure Work Plan (Exhibit 25-R) (XLSX)
- Attachment H: Plan Scope of Work (Exhibit 25-P) (XLSX)
- Attachment J: State Funding Request (Exhibit 25-F) (DOCX)
- State Highway System Project Impact Assessment Form (PDF) – If your project impacts the SHS, submit this form to Caltrans as soon as possible, but no later than May 16, 2022 so that it can be signed in time to be included in the application.
- ATP Corps Consultation Form (PDF)
ATP Cycle 6 Quick-Build Application Information
The following is a separate application for quick-build projects. Refer to the 2023 CTC ATP Guidelines -Appendix D for more information on the ATP Cycle 6 Quick-Build Pilot.
- Quick-Build Application Instructions (PDF)
- Quick-Build Application - Part A (DOCX)
- Quick-Build Application – Part B (PDF)
- Quick-Build Application – Part C (PDF)
- Quick-Build Attachments:
- Quick-Build Supplemental Guidance (PDF)
The following are the final scoring rubrics as posted on the CTC ATP website:
- Large Infrastructure Project Application Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Medium Infrastructure Project Application Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Small Infrastructure Project Application Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Non-Infrastructure Project Application Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Plan Project Application Scoring Rubric (PDF)
ATP Cycle 6 Application Supporting Resources
- MPO and RTPA Contact List (PDF)
- Project Development Resources
- DAC Determination Resources
- Safety Tool Resources
- Corps Information
For additional training, resources, and technical assistance that can help with an ATP Application, visit the Active Transportation Resource Center (ATRC): http://caatpresources.org/
For active transportation announcements and important ATP information, sign up to be on the ATRC list serve HERE.
Additional ATP information can be found on the ATP General Technical Information page.
For project specific and call for projects questions, please contact your:
For general program questions you may contact:
- Desiree Fox (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10), Trina Luo (Districts 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12) or Emily Abrahams (Non-Infrastructure and Plan Project).
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.