2021 Earmark Repurposing
On April 29, 2021, FHWA issued guidance on the implementation of Earmark repurposing provisions contained in the Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2021.
The Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2021 allows States to repurpose any earmark that was designated anytime and is Less than 10 percent obligated or final vouchered and closed.
The repurposed funds may be obligated on a new or existing project in the State within 25 miles of the earmark designation. The project must be an eligible project under the Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG). The Repurposing Provision is available to be applied in FY 2021.
Timeline, Fact Sheet, and Project Lists
- Fact Sheet(excel)
- Earmark Projects with Less than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Earmark Projects with Greater than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Unallocated Earmarks Less Than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Unallocated Earmarks Greater Than 10% Obligated(excel)
FHWA 2021 Earmark Repurposing Guidance
- Guidance Memorandum
- Attachment 1: Repurposing Process
- Attachment 2: Modified Transfer Form
- Program Code Crosswalk
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions regarding Earmark Repurposing, please email Repurposing@dot.ca.gov.
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster