2023 Earmark Repurposing
On July 31, 2023, FHWA issued guidance on the implementation of Earmark repurposing provisions contained in the Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2023.
The Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2023 allows States to repurpose any earmark that was designated anytime and is Less than 10 percent obligated or final vouchered and closed.
The repurposed funds may be obligated on a new or existing project in the State within 25 miles of the earmark designation. The project must be an eligible project under the Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG). The Repurposing Provision is available to be applied in FY 2023.
This year, we received the guidance very late and we only have couple weeks to completed the Earmark Repurposing.
Timeline, Fact Sheet, and Project Lists
- Fact Sheet(excel)
- Earmark Projects with Less than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Earmark Projects with Greater than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Unallocated Earmarks Less Than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Unallocated Earmarks Greater Than 10% Obligated(excel)
FHWA 2023 Earmark Repurposing Guidance
- Guidance Memorandum(PDF)
- Attachment 1: Repurposing Process(PDF)
- Attachment 2: Modified Transfer Form(excel)
- Program Code Crosswalk(PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions(PDF)
If you have any questions regarding Earmark Repurposing, please email Repurposing@dot.ca.gov.
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster