District: 4 - Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma counties
Contact: David Hafner
Phone: (510) 385-7068
Projects allotted funding in District 4, by county, are (all figures rounded to the nearest hundred thousand):
- $7.7M to mitigate eroded channel side-slope tidal scour and reinforce bridge approach slabs in Oakland at East Creek Slough Bridge.
- $3M to repair the damaged bridge girder at the Gilman Street Undercrossing in Berkeley.
- $2.9M to install vehicle speed feedback signs and upgrade signals to improve pedestrian safety in Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, and San Leandro on Routes 61, 123, and 185 at various locations. This project includes $2.6M in IIJA funding.
- $864,000 to apply high friction surface treatment and install guardrail and drainage inlets on I-680 in Fremont.
Alameda, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties:
- $11.1M to install and upgrade transportation management systems elements including closed circuit television cameras, vehicle detection systems, changeable message signs, ramp meters and fiber optic cable in Alameda, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties on Routes 80, 101, 880, and 980 at various locations.
Contra Costa County:
- $84.9M to install lighting and remove existing and install new concrete barrier, upgrade guardrail and drainage and overlay pavement to improve safety on I-80 from Alameda County line to 0.6 miles West of Solano County line. This project includes $77.8M in IIJA funding.
- $63.9M to rehabilitate pavement by replacing damaged slabs, grind and resurface existing asphalt, construct additional lanes on offramp, modify signals, upgrade guardrail, and upgrade facilities to ADA standards on SR-4 in Contra Costa County. This project includes $56.6M in IIJA funding.
- $6.4M to apply polyester concrete overlay on bridge decks and approach slabs on I-680 in Danville, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek in various locations.
San Francisco County:
- $4.7M to rehabilitate roadway, upgrade signs, concrete barrier, and transportation management system elements, rehabilitate drainage and upgrade facilities to ADA standards on I-101 in San Francisco.
San Mateo County:
- $37.8M to replace Cordilleras Creek Bridge on Route 101 in Redwood City. This project includes $33.5M in IIJA funding.
- $4.1M to repair slope wash out and construct soldier pile wall to prevent further erosion on existing embankment on SR-84. This project includes $3.6M in IIJA funding.
Santa Clara County:
- $17.7M to replace Saratoga Creek Bridge near Saratoga. This project includes $15.7M in IIJA funding.
- $1.3M to install edge line and centerline rumble strips, widen roadway, and install curve warning signs on SR-152 near Gilroy.
- $506,000 to construct rumble strips, upgrade guardrail, and install high-visibility striping on I-101 near Gilroy.
- $3M to replace bridge at Miner Slough Bridge.
- $933,000 to repair irrigation, replace dead plants, weed, mow, fertilize, and prune in and near Dixon and Vacaville at McCune Creek Bridge.
- $3.7M to apply polyester concrete overlay on bridge decks and approach slabs In and near Sonoma, Geyserville, Healdsburg, and Cloverdale, on Routes 12, 101, and 128 at various locations.
- $2.4M for abutment scour mitigation and channel sediment cleaning to address flooding on Highway 101 in Petaluma.