Office of Federal Programming & Data Management
California Transportation Improvement Program System (CTIPS)
The California Transportation Improvement Program System (CTIPS) database is used to support the business of Transportation Programming. CTIPS is used to capture the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP), Traffic Congestion Relief Program (TCRP), Proposition 1B (BOND) and the State Highway Operation and Protection Program (SHOPP) documents in an automated repository, which is used to generate Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP) documents and the Federal Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (FSTIP). CTIPS provides a common database shared by Caltrans District Offices and Headquarters, Regional Transportation Planning Agencies (RTPAs), the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and the Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs). Specifically, CTIPS is used by these agencies to manage the programming and allocation of funds for STIP/TCRP/BOND, SHOPP and local projects.
To set up a new CTIPS account, reset passwords or if you're experiencing login issues, email CTIPS Support.
How To Access the CTIPS (Oracle) Database:
- The new CTIPS Application is optimized for Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 browsers
- For Internet Explorer 11 browser users, disabling the Compatibility View mode is required before running the application (see FAQs below for instructions)
First Time Log in Instructions
- Go to CTIPS Oracle Log in (Application)
- Change your password by using your CTIPS account Username and your default Password. You will need to change your Password upon a successful logon.
The Password can have special characters and is case sensitive. It must also have the following properties:
- Minimum number of characters in password: 12
- Maximum number of characters in password: 32
- Minimum number of numeric characters in password: 1
- Minimum number of uppercase characters in password: 1
- Minimum number of lowercase characters in password: 1
- First character of password cannot be a special character
- Cannot reuse your last 5 previously used passwords
Browsers & Reports
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 11 - How to Disable Compatibility View Setting (DOXC)
- Reports: How to Run Reports in New CTIPS (DOXC)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't I log in?
The account is locked out. The system will allow for five (5) unsuccessful log on attempts per day. After the fifth attempt, the system will lock the account. Please email CTIPS Support to request to unlock your account.
- How do I get access to Implementing Agencies or Fund Types?
Email CTIPS Support.
- The data on my project is incorrect. Who should I contact?
For any CTIPS project information that is inaccurate, please contact the appropriate OCIP, SHOPP or OFTMP Senior in Transportation Programming to correct the error by emailing Programming.
- How do I change my password?
Log in to CTIPS and click on "Change Password" in the upper right-hand corner. Enter your new password and select "OK".
- I have a CTIPS account I haven't used in some time and I can't log in. What do I do?
- The User ID and/or password used was not correct and locked yourself out of the system. The system will allow five attempts to log in before locking your account. Email CTIPS Support for assistance.
- You haven't used the system in quite a while and your account has been deleted. Accounts are reviewed for use on a monthly basis. In order to resolve the problem email CTIPS Support.
- What if I'm having problems with CTIPs or need to report a bug?
Send an email to CTIPS Support with the following information:
- Name and other pertinent information
- Description of the problem
- Screen shots of the error
How do I get a new CTIPS account?
E-mail CTIPS Support requesting a new CTIPS account along with the following information:
- s ID Number (Caltrans Only)
- Phone Number
- District # (Caltrans Only)
- Division Name (Caltrans Only)
- Company Name (If External to Caltrans)
- Email Address