Working cooperatively with the twelve Caltrans' district offices, the Office of Regional Planning (ORP) guides and maintains California's regional transportation planning process as follows:
- Monitor the regional transportation planning process through the Overall Work Program (OWP) and Regional Transportation Plan (RTP), coordinate the administration and funding of these documents, and act as liaison and advocate for California's regional transportation planning program.
- Responsible for the consistent and appropriate evolution of the regional planning process by reviewing and suggesting potential State and Federal legislation relating specifically to the regional transportation planning process.
- Respond to expanding regional planning issues, including analyzing impacts of new State and Federal legislation and maximizing the positive results of technological advances in planning and communications.
- Collaborate with Federal, State, and Regional partners to provide reliable information, guidance, and resources that relates to the regional transportation planning process.
ORP's goal is to identify and exceed customer expectations, maximize the use of resources, and provide additional training and support as needed.
Erin Thompson, Office Chief
Marilee Mortensen, Branch Chief
Air Quality, Environmental & Health
Rosie Flores, Branch Chief
Jacqueline Kahrs, Branch Chief
Priscilla Martinez-Velez, Branch Chief
Grant Management (Sustainable Transportation Planning Grants)
Ed Philpot, Branch Chief
Grant Resource Management
- ORP Organizational Chart (PPTX)
- Regional Coordination Branch Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Transportation Equity Branch Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Air Quality, Environmental & Health Branch Fact Sheet (PDF)