Toward An Active California - State Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
Caltrans has adopted "Toward an Active California," the State Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan (updated 6/17/17: low resolution version - 6MB (PDF) ; high resolution version - 20MB (PDF) ). This document is California’s first statewide plan that lays out the policies and actions that Caltrans and its partner agencies will take to achieve the department’s ambitious statewide goals to double walking and triple bicycling trips by 2020.
The Plan Appendices will be available soon. This supporting document to the plan will include the items listed below. Some of these documents are currently available by clicking below, or selecting from the dropdown menu.
- Review of Existing Documents (PDF)
- Performance Measures Report (PDF)
- Baseline Data Methodology Report (PDF)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Trends Report (PDF)
- Active Transportation Benefits (PDF)
- Evaluation of Programs and Infrastructure (PDF)
- Infographics Survey Results (PDF)
- Regional Forums Summary (PDF)
- Summary Report: Focus Groups (PDF)
- Informational Meetings and Webinars: Summary Report (PDF)
- Tribal Listening Sessions: Summary Report (PDF)
- Questionnaire: CSBPP Developments (PDF)
- Summary of Public Comments on Draft Plan (PDF) (11MB) (updated draft: 6/17/17)