The California MUTCD Sign Charts contain commonly used signs in California, and is not meant to be used as a comprehensive or stand-alone design tool.
Specification details for manufacture of signs is provided on the Caltrans Sign Specifications webpage (for CA coded signs) or in the FHWA Standard Highway Signs Book (for MUTCD coded signs).
Current sign policy and guidance is located in the CA MUTCD.
The contents of these publications are not copyrighted and may be reprinted freely.
|2014 Revision 2 Charts (Effective April 7, 2017):|
11"x17" Tabloid (PDF)
|8.5"x11" Letter (PDF)
(Cover, 15 sign chart sheets, and appendix) - 17 pages, 2.89 MB
|36"x48" Poster (PDF)
(Poster only, no appendix) - 4.69 MB
Traffic Control Devices
- CA Numbered Exit Uniform System (Cal-NExUS)
- Contractor-Furnished Sign & Standard Plans
- Construction Project Funding Identification Signs
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) Signs
- Sign Charts
- Sign Contract
- Sign Specification Drawings | Spec Updates
- Specific Service (Business Logo) Signs
- Tourist Oriented Directional Signs
- Victims Memorial Signs
- Flagging Instruction Handbook (PDF)
- North Region Construction Night Work Guide (PDF)
- Work Zone Traffic Control Resources