Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) Signs
Local agencies in California authorized by legislation in the California Streets and Highways Code and California Vehicle Code may install signs in areas with established NEV Transportation Plans. The California Department of Transportation has developed sign guidance for use in NEV Transportation Plan Communities.
1) To designate a Class III NEV - Bike Routes.
2) To designate a Class III NEV Route.
3) To designate a hybrid Class II NEV - Bike Lane.
5) To designate NEV parking spaces with or without Electric Vehicle Charging stations.
6) To post above a button for an actuated traffic signal to identify that NEV - Bike road users must use push button to actuate the traffic signal.
7) To identify roadways where NEV traffic is prohibited.
8) To install as a subplaque below the NEV PROHIBITED sign (as shown above) at the endpoint of an NEV path, lane or route.
For further assistance, contact:
Arshad Iqbal | (916) 654-2843 | email@example.com
Traffic Control Devices
- CA Numbered Exit Uniform System (Cal-NExUS)
- Contractor-Furnished Sign & Standard Plans
- Construction Project Funding Identification Signs
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) Signs
- Sign Charts
- Sign Contract
- Sign Specification Drawings | Spec Updates
- Specific Service (Business Logo) Signs
- Tourist Oriented Directional Signs
- Victims Memorial Signs
- Flagging Instruction Handbook (PDF)
- North Region Construction Night Work Guide (PDF)
- Work Zone Traffic Control Resources