Food Trucks in Rest Areas

Food Truck Operators

Licensed Commercial Food Truck Vendors whose license and permit requirements are within with State and Local compliance may request temporary permission to operate and sell "to-go" food in Caltrans’ Rest Areas.

Questions? Ask your local Permit Office about:

  • My Food Truck Permit Application
  • Additional information/documentation I need to submit
  • Requesting a time extension (rider)

Truck Drivers

Find out where you can buy "to-go" food in Caltrans’ Rest Areas.