Caltrans aims to triple bicycling, double walking, and double transit usage by 2020 through changes to the State Highway System and collaboration with local and regional partners.
- California Walk & Bike Technical Advisory Committee (CWBTAC)
- Complete Streets Program
- Mode Share Action Plan 2.0 New Actions
- Smart Mobility and Active Transportation
- Toward An Active California
While Caltrans works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation system, we are strengthening our efforts to implement adaptation measures that improve the State Highway System’s resilience to climate and severe weather impacts.
Caltrans districts implement sustainability strategies through Caltrans projects and improvements to our everyday operations.
Caltrans is committed to providing access to destinations while reducing VMT through transportation and land use projects.
- Transportation Analysis Framework (TAF)
- Transportation Analysis under CEQA (TAC)
- VMT-Focused Transportation Impact Study Guide (TISG)
- December 2020 Interim LD-IGR Safety Review Guidance
By increasing the number of ZEVs in our fleet and building charging infrastructure to support widespread adoption of ZEVs, Caltrans plays a critical role in reaching our statewide air quality and climate goals.