Caltrans aims to triple bicycling, double walking, and double transit usage by 2020 through changes to the State Highway System and collaboration with local and regional partners.
- California Walk & Bike Technical Advisory Committee (CWBTAC)
- Complete Streets Program
- Mode Share Action Plan 2.0 New Actions
- Smart Mobility and Active Transportation
- Toward An Active California
While Caltrans works to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation system, we are strengthening our efforts to implement adaptation measures that improve the State Highway System’s resilience to climate and severe weather impacts.
Caltrans values social equity and is actively engaged in the Government Alliance on Race and Equity.
- AB 32 Scoping Plan - Air Resources Board
- California Climate Change Portal
- Government Alliance on Race and Equity
- Health in All Policies - Strategic Growth Council
- Safeguarding California - Natural Resources Agency
- Transport Decarbonisation Alliance
Caltrans districts implement sustainability strategies through Caltrans projects and improvements to our everyday operations.
By increasing the number of ZEVs in our fleet and building charging infrastructure to support widespread adoption of ZEVs, Caltrans plays a critical role in reaching our statewide air quality and climate goals.