Transit Safety Overview
The Transit Safety branch facilitates and coordinates with transit stakeholders to provide resources and training on transit safety. It also develops and updates the Department's Transit Emergency Planning Guidance.
Items of Interest
- FTA Transit Bus Safety & Security Program - Primer for State Transportation Departments(PDF)
- FTA Transit Bus Safety & Security Program Website
- The Role of Transit in Emergency Evacuation(PDF)
- Caltrans Transit Emergency Planning Guidelines(PDF)
- Transit Emergency Planning Guidance Technical Appendices(PDF)
- Safety, Security, and Emergency Preparedness (SSEPP)(DOC)
- Response and Recovery Conference After Action Report(PDF)
- 2008 Rural Transit Emergency Planning Guidance(PDF)
- 2008 Rural Transit Emergency Planning Guidance - Technical Appendices(PDF)
- Caltrans Response & Recovery(PDF)
- 2008 Response and Recovery Conference After Action Report (AAR)(PDF)
Resources for Bus Safety and Security Resources for Transit Operators
In addition to Caltrans transit emergency planning guideline, the Other Resources Link provides information that transit operators can use to develop safety and security plans as well as implement safety planning and training and coordinate emergency preparedness efforts.