State Transit Programs (SB-1 LPP/STIP/Prop. 1A/TCRP/Prop 116/Prop 1B-SLPP)
The State Transit Program Branch supports state, local, and regional public transportation agencies by administering transit, ferry, and rail projects under state funding improvement programs.
The programs managed by this branch are the mass transportation components of:
Our core responsibilities include processing requests for California Transportation Commission action and execution and administration of Master Agreements and Program Supplements.
- District and DRMT Transit Contacts(PDF)
- Office of CTC Liaison
- 2019 CTC Prep Calendar with Schedule, Prior CTC Meeting Materials and Due Dates(PDF)
- California Law
- Right-of-Way Guidelines for Rail Projects(PDF)
State Transit Grants Allocation Documents
- CTC Allocation Request- Summary & Checklist(XLSX)
- CTC De-Allocation Request- Summary & Checklist(XLSX)
- Financial Expenditure Plan(XLSX)
- Overall Funding Plan(XLSX)
- Project Schedule(XLSX)
- Process for Submitting Environmental Information to CTC
- Project Close Out Report/Final Invoice (DOR-0039)(PDF)
- Project Progress Payment Invoice (DOR-0005)(PDF)
- Uniform Transit Application(PDF)
- Uniform Transit Application Instructions(DOC)
- Master Agreement(DOCX)
- Program Supplement(DOC)
- Board Resolution - Sample(DOC)
SB-1 Local Partnership Program (LPP)
This program is to provide local and regional transportation agencies that have passed sales tax measures, developer fees, or other imposed transportation fees with a continuous appropriation of $200 million annually from the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account (RMRA) to fund road maintenance and rehabilitation, sound walls, and other transportation improvement projects. This program is to balance the need to direct increased revenue to the state’s highest transportation needs while fairly distributing the economic impact of increased funding
The Local Partnership Program funds are distributed through a 50% statewide competitive component and a 50% formula component
- Funding: receives $100 million annually from the RMRA with the initial program cycle as a two-year $200 million (Fiscal Years 2017-18 and 2018-19) program, with future program cycles to be annually
Eligibility: Jurisdictions with voter approved taxes, tolls, and fees dedicated solely to transportation.
Share Distribution: The funding share for each eligible taxing authority by establishing northern and southern California shares and by attributing the proportional share of revenues from voter approved taxes, tolls, and fees and distributing in proportion based on the county’s population. Detailed information can be found in the Local Partnership Program Guidelines listed below.
- Funding: receives $100 million annually from the RMRA with the initial program cycle a three-year $300 million (Fiscal Years 2017-18 through 2019-20) program, with future program cycles to be every two years
Eligibility: Jurisdictions with voter approved taxes, tolls, and fees, or with imposed fees dedicated solely to transportation. Detailed information can be found in the Local Partnership Program Guidelines, below.
- SB1 Accountability and Transparency Guidelines CTC Resolution G-18-09(PDF)
- 2018 LPP Guidelines Adopted October 18,2017 (Revised June 27, 2018) CTC Resolution G-18-30(PDF)
- 2019 Adopted Formulaic Projects List Adopted October 17, 2018 CTC Resolution G-18-44(PDF)
- 2018 Adopted Formulaic Project List, CTC Resolution G19-39, Amending Resolution G-19-25(PDF)
- The Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 (Senate Bill 1) Programs
SB-1 Solutions for Congested Corridors Program (SCCP)
This statewide, competitive program makes $250 million available annually for projects that implement specific transportation performance improvements and are part of a comprehensive corridor plan by providing more transportation choices while preserving the character of local communities and creating opportunities for neighborhood enhancement.
State Transportation Improvement Program(STIP)
Prop 1A Commuter and Urban Rail High-Speed Train Connectivity Program
- Urban Rail High-Speed Train Connectivity Guidelines(PDF)
- Prop 1A Formula Shares(PDF)
- Prop 1A program Update(PDF)
Traffic Congestion Relief Program (TCRP)
- TCRP Guidelines (4/06)(PDF)
- TCRP Policy for TIER 2 Projects(PDF)
- TCRP Amendment Process
- TCRP Project Close Out Process(PDF)