Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP)
The Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) is one of several programs that are part of the Transit, Affordable Housing, and Sustainable Communities Program established by the California Legislature in 2014 by Senate Bill 862. For more information on the Transit, Affordable Housing, and Sustainable Communities Program (and associated programs) please visit California Climate Investments.
This site serves as a central hub for information about California Climate Investments.
The LCTOP was created to provide operating and capital assistance for transit agencies to reduce greenhouse gas emission and improve mobility, with a priority on serving disadvantaged communities. Approved projects in LCTOP will support new or expanded bus or rail services, expand intermodal transit facilities, and may include equipment acquisition, fueling, maintenance and other costs to operate those services or facilities, with each project reducing greenhouse gas emissions. For agencies whose service area includes disadvantaged communities, at least 50 percent of the total moneys received shall be expended on projects that will benefit disadvantaged communities. Senate Bill 862 continuously appropriates five percent of the annual auction proceeds in the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (Fund) for LCTOP, beginning in 2015-16.
This program will be administered by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) in coordination with Air Resource Board (ARB) and the State Controller's Office (SCO). Caltrans is responsible to ensure that the statutory requirements of the program are met in terms of project eligibility, greenhouse reduction, disadvantaged community benefit, and other requirements of the law.
Due to the outbreak of COVID 19 and resulting conditions, the Due Date for the LCTOP FY 2019-20 Allocation Requests has been extended from Wednesday April 8, 2020, to Friday April 17, 2020.
|Workshop Type/Event||When||Time||Where (Caltrans District)|
|LCTOP Allocation Request||01/22/2020||10:00-12:00||
Butte County Association of Governments
|LCTOP Allocation Request||01/29/2020||10:00-12:00||
Caltrans District 4
|LCTOP Allocation Request||02/06/2020||10:00-12:00||
City of Manteca
|LCTOP Allocation Request||02/12/2020||10:00-12:00||
|LCTOP Allocation Request||02/20/2020||10:00-12:00||
San Bernardino County Transportation Authority
|LCTOP Allocation Request||02/24/2020||10:00-12:00||
LCTOP Program Information
- LCTOP FY 2019-20 Guidelines (PDF)
- LCTOP FY18-19 Allocation Request Workshop Video
- State Controller Office LCTOP Eligibility List (PDF)
- Allocation Request Sample I (PDF)
- Allocation Request Sample 2 (PDF)
- Allocation Request Sample 3 (PDF)
- LCTOP Delinquent List 12/14/2018 (PDF)
- Read Me (PDF)
- Allocation Request Form (XLSX)
- Authorized Agent Form (DOCX)
- Corrective Action Plan (DOCX)
- LCTOP Semi-Annual Report (DOCX)
- LCTOP Close Out Report (DOCX)
- LCTOP Expenditure Report (XLSX)
- California Climate Investments Annual Report 2018 (PDF)
Items of Interest
- Transit and Rail Workshop for Guideline Development for programs funded by Senate Bill 1 and Senate Bill 862: