The goal of Interagency Coordination is to establish effective coordination and partnership between federal, state, regional, and local agencies, private and non-profit organizations, and advocacy groups. The Interagency Coordination Liaison will assist all stakeholders by establishing open and ongoing communication to:
- Share transit information and best practices among all stakeholders
- Develop innovative transit research
- Engage in multi-modal connectivity efforts including first last mile, high speed rail, and bicycle and pedestrian integration
- Implement strategies to increase transit ridership, improve air quality, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Coordinate with appropriate agencies on transit equity and transit and land use connections
Click below for more information on these topics:
DRMT has partnered with UCLA to create TransitWiki.org. The goal of the site is to facilitate information transfer among transit agencies and transit practitioners. This site contains information about transit strategies, examples of their implementation, and links to reports and guidance. Users have the option to contribute articles to the site as well as engage in discussion forums about particular topics.
Caltrans has a robust research program that has studied a variety of transit-related topics. For more information regarding transit research at Caltrans, click here.
Transit Research Highlights (coming soon)