Federal Grants Procurement Management
As a recipient of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Division of Rail and Mass Transportation (DRMT) is responsible for providing project oversight to maintain compliance with federal statutes and regulations. Therefore, subrecipients of this funding must demonstrate to DRMT that all procurement and third-party contracting activities comply with: 2 CFR Part 1201 – Uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for federal awards; FTA Circular 4220.1F – Third Party Contracting Guidance; and the State Management Plan (SMP).
In addition to compliance oversight the procurement program provides eligible FTA Section 5310 and 5311 subrecipients the opportunity to purchase ADA compliant transit vehicles at the lowest possible price. Staff contacts are available at the bottom of the webpage.
Detailed procedures and guidance concerning Caltrans DRMT FTA Programs Procurement Oversight system is available on the electronic grants management system, BlackCat, located under the Resources tab -> California Department of Transportation, Global Resources -> Procurement.
Information includes procedures for conducting third party procurements for services and other equipment, and transit vehicle purchasing.
Policy, Requirements and Resources
- Senate Bill 3 - CA Minimum Wage Increases (PDF)
- FTA Procurement Circular 4220.1 F (PDF)
- FTA Best Practices Procurement Manual (BPPM)
- Caltrans State Management Plan (PDF)
- Caltrans Standard Agreement - Exhibit C (PDF)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics - Economic News Release; CPI
- 5310 Program Procurement Process (PDF)
- Caltrans DMT Federal Vehicle Procurement Process (PDF)
- 5310 Successful Applicant Workshop Procurement Presentation (PDF)