Office of Pavement Management
2389 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95833
The primary functions of the Office of Pavement Management are to:
- Manage, operate, develop, and maintain Caltrans' Pavement Management System (PaveM)
- Collect, analyze, and manage automated pavement condition survey (APCS) data
- Develop and publish the State of the Pavement report (SOP)
- Maintain pavement project as-built data
PaveMPaveM utilizes pavement history, current pavement condition, current programmed projects, traffic, and climate data to predict future pavement conditions. It recommends pavement repairs needs using optimized strategies within funding constraints.
APCSAPCS data is a critical PaveM input for current pavement condition and validate pavement performance prediction models. APCS data is collected at highway speeds using specialized vehicles with inertial profilers, transverse laser system, and high resolution cameras. All lanes of the entire State Highway System (SHS) are collected and analyzed along the Caltrans Linear Reference System (LRS). APCS helps the Department in compliance reporting for the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act. (MAP-21).
State of the Pavement Report
Past SOPs can be accessed below:
Archived SOP Reports
- 2015-2016 SHS APCS Report