2019 Earmark Repurposing
Final Approved Earmark Repurposing Project List
FHWA has completed their approval of California’s Earmark Repurposing transfer requests for 2019. Below is the list of approved projects with the appropriate funding (with Federal Program Codes). Once funds have been programmed into the FSTIP, agencies may begin working with their DLAEs to process Requests for Authorization (RFAs) in accordance with the Local Assistance Procedures Manual (LAPM).
On April 25, 2019, FHWA issued guidance on the implementation of Earmark repurposing provisions contained in the Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2019.
The Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2019 allows States to repurpose any earmark that was designated on or before September 30, 2008, and is Less than 10 percent obligated or final vouchered and closed.
The repurposed funds may be obligated on a new or existing project in the State within 50 miles of the earmark designation. The project must be an eligible project under the Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG). The Repurposing Provision is available to be applied in FY 2019.
Timeline and Projects
- Earmark Repurposing ObTimeline(PDF)
- Earmark Projects with Less than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Earmark Projects with Greater than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Unallocated Earmarks Less Than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Unallocated Earmarks More Than 10% Obligated(excel)
- Earmark Repurposing 2019 - FACT SHEET(excel)
FHWA 2019 Earmark Repurposing Guidance
- Guidance Memorandum
- Attachment 1: Repurposing Process
- Attachment 2: Modified Transfer Form
- Program Code Crosswalk
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Unallocated Earmarks Less Than 10% Obligated
- Unallocated Earmarks More Than 10% Obligated
If you have any questions regarding the Earmark Repurposing, please send email to Repurposing@dot.ca.gov.
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster