- Local Assistance
- Federal and State Programs
- Safe Route To School Program (under construction)
Safe Route To School Program (under construction)
- On April 29, 2013, Caltrans announced the Cycle 6 Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) "Call-for-Projects". $150 million in projects are expected to be funded statewide. A webinar was help on March 11, 2013 that focused on how SRTS projects may be eligible in the HSIP Program. Visit the Caltrans HSIP webpage for more information: https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/highway-safety-improvement-program
- September 27, 2012, Caltrans proposed funding SRTS from a $21 million set aside in the STP. This concept was approved by the CTC as a one year policy. Future funding for SRTS will be determined through the MAP-21 Implementation process.
- July 6, 2012, MAP-21, the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act was signed into law. Under MAP-21, SRTS was consolidated into the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP), but is eligible for Surface Transportation Program (STP) and Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) funds.
- Program assistance is available through a California specific SRTS website at: http://www.casaferoutestoschool.org/. The website was funded through a Non-Infrastructure SRTS statewide grant to help communities plan, develop, and implement successful SRTS projects
Quick Links to:
- State-legislated SR2S Program
- Federal SRTS Program