Bicycle Related Sites
This page lists bicycle related web sites. Our focus is to provide information on bicycling as a mode of transportation. The sites listed below do not represent the views of the Department. They are for informational purposes only and the Department cannot be held liable for misinformation from any of these sites. Every effort has been made to review each site for content, however should a site grossly misstate facts or sources please send an e-mail to Deborah Lynch and the link will be removed.
- National Bicycle Safety Network - Contains safety and other information concerning bikes.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center - Contains technical information on bicycles and walking.
- The League of American Bicyclists - ...for a bicycle friendly America, the national organization of bicyclists.
- California Bicycle Coalition (CBC) - A non-profit organization that advocates increased bicycle use, access, safety and education, by promoting the bicycle as an everyday means of transportation and recreation.
- Quick Map - The Caltrans QuickMap web page presents several types of real-time traffic information layered on a Google Map.
- California Association of Bicycling Organization (CABO) - California's bicycle clubs organized into a state federation in 1972 to protect bicyclists' interests state-wide and to encourage, maintain, and improve bicycling conditions.
- Almaden Cycling Tours - A bike touring club in the San Francisco Bay area.
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition (EBBC) - is a volunteer organization dedicated to promoting bicycling as an everyday means of transportation and recreation.
- LADOT Bicycle Program - The Bicycle Program is a group within the Los Angeles Department of Transportation’s Active Transportation Division.
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) - Advocacy organization that promotes use of bicycling in L.A. County.
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition - A non-profit organization that promotes bicycling for everyday transportation and recreation.
- Monterey Off Road Cycling Association (MORCA) - MORCA is an organized voice for responsible mountain biking in Monterey County.
- Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz - dedicated to continuing and expanding responsible mountain biking.
- Orange County Bicycle Coalition - A non-profit advocacy organization for Orange County.
- ROMP - Responsible Organized Mountain Pedalers - Mountain cycling advocacy organization in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
- Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates - Sacramento has bicycle friendly climate and terrain. However, other conditions present challenges to riding in the area. SABA seeks to make needed improvements so that the bicycling experience can be improved for everyone.
- Sacramento Area Council of Government's (SACOG) - Bicycle Commuting Guide and links to bike maps and resources.
- Sacramento bicycle information and maps - A site created by Sacramento local agencies and bicycle advocates to provide information about bike routes, safety features along routes and other information pertaining to biking in the Sacramento region.
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition - The Coalition works on behalf of all recreational, commuting, racing and off-road cyclists, to support cycling education, safe cycling, development of bicycle-friendly facilities and to gain and preserve access to roads, paths and trails.
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition - Members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition (SFBC) are dedicated to making San Francisco the most bike-friendly city in the nation.
- Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition - A California advocacy and resource organization that promotes bicycling for safe transportation and recreation in Santa Barbara County.
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition - promoting the bicycle for everyday use.
- SLO County Bicycle Coalition - Transforming San Luis Obispo County into a safer and more livable community by promoting cycling and walking for everyday transportation and recreation.
Solano Transportation Authority Bike Advisory Committee – A community member based advisory committee responsible for helping guide the STA in bicycle improvement efforts throughout the county (through awareness, safety, and infrastructure, etc).
- Stanford Bicycle Coalition - is an organization of Stanford students, faculty, and staff who are interested in promoting cycling on the Stanford campus and the surrounding community.
- Ventura County Bicycle Coalition - Promoting bicycling for safe transportation and recreation.
- Western Wheelers Bicycle Club, Inc. - A non-profit organization based on the San Francisco Peninsula.
Maps and Other Publications:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Reference Guide
- Gearing Up For Better Bicycling (Print View )
- AMC Media Corporation - Publisher of From A to Z by Bike, the comprehensive guide to safe bicycling for kids and adults.
- Adventure Cycling Association - Bicycle maps, books, tours and bike trip planning information
- Non-Motorized Program Reports
- Blueprint Reports
- Appendix A - Design Guidance to Accommodate Pedestrian & Bicycle Trave (FHWA)
- Deputy Directive 64 - Revision 1: Complete Streets - Integrating the Transportation System
- Appendix C - Plan Checklists
- Appendix D - Where People Walk
- Appendix E - Statement of Work
- Appendix F - Bike-Pedestrian Data
- Santa Barbara County Bike Map
For more information, please contact:
Bicycle Facilities Unit
Division of Local Assistance, MS-1
California Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
Phone: (916) 653-2750
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.