Active Transportation Program (ATP) - Cycle 5
ATP Cycle 5 Call-for-Projects
The California Transportation Commission (CTC) announced the ATP Cycle 5 Call for Projects on March 25, 2020. Cycle 5 is expected to include about $440M in ATP funding made up of Federal funding, State SB1 and State Highway Account (SHA) funding. The funding/programming years include the 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 fiscal years.
The following schedule lists the major milestones for the development and adoption of the 2021 ATP Cycle 5:
|Program Milestones||Current Schedule||Amended Schedule (Staff Recommendation)|
|Project Applications Deadline (Postmark Date) - Quick-Build Projects||June 15, 2020||July 15, 2020|
|Project Applications Deadline (Postmark Date) - All Other Project Types||June 15, 2020||Sept 15, 2020|
|Staff recommendation for Quick-Build Projects Posted||November 16, 2020||Sept 15, 2020|
|Staff recommendation for statewide and small urban and rural portions of the program posted||December 2-3, 2020||February 15, 2021|
|Commission Adopts Quick-Build Projects||December 2-3, 2020||December 2-3, 2020|
|Commission adopts statewide and small urban and rural portions of the program||December 2-3, 2020||March 2021*|
|Projects not programmed distributed to large MPOs based on location||December 2-3, 2020||March 2021*|
|Deadline for MPO Draft project programming recommendations to the Commission||January 18, 2021||April 15, 2021|
|Deadline for MPO Final project programming recommendations to the Commission||April 2, 2021||May 14, 2021|
|Commission adopts MPO selected projects||May 2021*||June 2021*|
*Exact dates will coincide with the Commission's adopted 2021 meeting calendar.
ATP Cycle 5 Application Information
Links will be added to this webpage as they become available. Potential applicants are encouraged to check the Caltrans, CTC, and ATP websites for future updates.
ATP Guidelines and Guidance
- 2021 CTC ATP Guidelines (PDF)
- Caltrans ATP Guidelines(PDF)LAPG Ch 22 (PDF) (will be posted Summer 2020)
- Caltrans ATP NI Guidance (PDF) Updated (03/23/20)
The ATP application has five project types. Note: The questions in the live application form will change depending on which project type is selected.
- ATP Cycle 5 Application (PDF)
- ATP Cycle 5 Application Instructions (PDF) (Revised 05/18/20)
- Application Submittal Instructions (PDF) (coming soon)
* Note: Server maintenance is scheduled for the last weekend of every month. The application form may be intermittently unavailable from Saturday 12 am to Sunday 5 pm on the last weekend of each month.
For assistance opening the ATP Cycle 5 Application, refer to these documents:
- Adobe Acrobat Security Settings (For applicants having difficult opening the application form)
- Browser Settings (For applicants having difficult opening the application form)
The following are flat/expanded versions of the application for each project type. This is an example of the entire application form for reference only.
- Large Infrastructure (PDF) | Large Infrastructure and Combo I/NI (PDF)
- Medium Infrastructure (PDF) | Medium Infrastructure and Combo I/NI (PDF)
- Small Infrastructure (PDF) | Small Infrastructure and Combo I/NI (PDF)
- Non-Infrastructure (PDF)
- PIan (PDF)
ATP Cycle 5 Quick Build Application
The following is a separate application for quick build projects. Refer to the CTC ATP Guidance for more information on the ATP Quick Build Pilot.
- Quick Build Application (PDF)
- Quick Build Application Part A (DOCX)
- Quick Build Guidance (PDF)
- Attachment F: Project Estimate (Required for all Infrastructure Projects (XLSX)
ATP Cycle 5 Application Attachment Forms
- Attachment A: Signature Page (PDF)
- Attachment B: Engineers' Checklist (PDF)
- Attachment D: 2020 PPR (XLSX)
- Attachment F: Project Estimate (Required for all Infrastructure Projects)(XLSX)
- Attachment G: Non-Infrastructure Work (Plan (Exhibit 22-R) (XLSX)
- Attachment H: Plan Scope of Work (Exhibit 22-Plan) (XLSX)
- State Funding Request (Exhibit 22-F) (DOCX)
- Caltrans R/W Impact Checklist (PDF)
- ATP Corps Consultation Form (PDF)
ATP Cycle 5 Application Supporting Documents
- Project Study Report (PSR) Equivalent Presentation (PDF)
- Median Household Income Data Instructions (PDF)
- Finding Census Tract Number Instructions( PDF)
- ATP Application Assistance Flash Training (ATRC Website)
Additional information can be found on the ATP General and Technical Information page:
- ATP Guidelines
- ATP Supplemental Guidelines
- ATP Documents & Forms
- Corps Information
- Master Agreement (MA) Information
- Audit Information
- Previous Cycle Guidelines
For Additional Information
- Visit the CTC – ATP website:https://catc.ca.gov/programs/active-transportation-program.
- For training, resources, and technical assistance that can help with an ATP Application, visit the ATRC website: http://caatpresources.org/.
- For active transportation announcements and important ATP information, sign up to be on the ATRC list serve HERE.