Caltrans is now accepting examination applications for the classifications listed below. If you are interested in one of these examinations, click on the exam title for complete details. Candidates not meeting the minimum qualification requirements will not be admitted to the examination.
Applicants must have:
- A permanent civil service appointment with the Department of Transportation as of the final filing date in order to participate in the examination; or
- Been employed with the Department of Transportation within the last three years, without a break in State civil service; or
- Be a current or former employee of the Legislature for two or more years as defined in Government Code §18990; or
- Be a current or former non-elected exempt employee of the Executive Branch for two or more consecutive years as defined in Government Code §18992; or
- Be a person retired from the United States military, honorably discharged from active military duty with a service-connected disability, or honorably discharged from active duty as defined in Government Code §18991. Persons applying who qualify as a Veteran under Government Code Section 18991 must submit a copy of their DD214 with their Examination Application (STD. 678) (PDF).
Examinations for other Departments
Eligibility List Disclosure
The CalHR maintains the eligibility lists of examination results at their "Eligibility List Disclosure" page.