- 17. Mobile Radio Telephone
17. Mobile Radio Telephone
- Radio telephones shall be FCC approved for their intended
- Installations shall conform with all FCC rules and regulations.
- Installations shall be done under the supervision of
a qualified electronics technician.
- The radio, power supply, speakers, etc. shall be securely
fastened so as to remain in place in any road condition.
- Shall be mounted in a well ventilated dry location
- The radio shall be installed per manufacturer's installation
- The radio shall be mounted so as to be accessible to
- The radio shall be located so that the connection to
the antenna and ground system is as short and direct as
- The antenna shall be mounted in free air as much as
possible and clear of parallel metal objects.
- The antenna shall be installed to withstand high winds
and rough roads.
- The highest point on the antenna shall not extend higher
than 13 ft 6 in above the ground.
- If connections are made directly to the battery terminals
then a fuse shall be placed in the transceiver negative
and positive lead.
- High quality coaxial cable shall be used (at least 95%
shield coverage) located away from the engine control
module and other electrical modules.