Project Development Procedures Manual (PDPM)
The Project Development Procedure Manual (PDPM) provides the framework of policies and procedures for developing State highway improvement projects.
The PDPM consists of three Parts and two Appendices sections as follows:
- Part 1 (Chapters 1 to 7) contains general information.
- Part 2 (Chapters 8 to 15) describes the project development process in a chronological manner.
- Part 3 (Chapters 16 to 32) contains specific project development procedures of specialized nature.
- Appendices "A" through "Z" contain guidelines for various project development reports.
- Appendices "BB" through "QQ" contain project development forms and letters plus policy and procedures documents.
When a chapter or appendix receives a comprehensive update, the date will be updated on all pages within the chapter or appendix to coincide with the date of the manual change transmittal. The locations of revisions are denoted by a vertical line within the outside margin of the manual.
Labels are added to the Table of Contents to indicate that the manual change has occurred in the last six months, and a general description of the comprehensive update is included in the Manual Change Section.
For other updates that are not comprehensive, the date is not changed within the chapter or appendix and usually there is no manual change transmittal. However, a letter is appended to the existing date, and the locations of revisions are denoted by a vertical line within the outside margin of the manual.
The letter codes are:
- A – Addendum: A minor error was discovered after publishing and text was added or corrected
- L – Link: At least one hyperlink was updated
- M – Modification: A minor change was made to keep the manual internally consistent