2018 Standard Plans and Standard Specifications
The use of the California Department of Transportation Standards is required to ensure that all transportation project contracts are clear, concise, correct, complete and in compliance with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Substantial justification and approval for deviation from the Standards is required. Deviation should be rare and will not be approved for minor or preferential changes.
These Standards are the culmination of extensive development by the Department's most competent and proficient professionals. Concurrence has been obtained from stakeholders, including the Construction Division, Legal Division and FHWA. When applicable, concurrence has also been obtained from industry and other agencies.
- Caltrans Memorandum - Implementation of the 2018 Construction Contract Standards, 8/31/2018 (PDF)
- Limited Copies of 2018 Standard Plans Books and 2018 Specifications Books Available for Sale
Accessibility Assistance: Caltrans makes every attempt to ensure our documents are accessible. Due to variances between assistive technologies, there may be portions of this document which are not accessible. Where documents cannot be made accessible, we are committed to providing alternative access to the content. Should you need additional assistance, please contact us at (916) 654-2852 or visit Request ADA compliant Documents .
2018 Standard Plans
- 2018 Standard Plans Book - Complete Download Version - 601 Pages (PDF)
- 2018 Revised Standard Plans - 181 Pages (PDF)
- Last Updated 4/17/2020
- 2018 Revised Standard Plans Table of Contents (HTML) - Last Updated 4/17/2020
2018 Standard Specifications
- 2018 Standard Specifications Book (Volumes 1 and 2) - Complete Download Version - 1302 Pages (PDF)
- 2018 Revised Standard Specifications - 201 Pages (PDF) - Last Updated 4/17/2020
- 2018 Revised Standard Specifications Table of Contents (HTML) - Last Updated 4/17/2020