2018 Standard Plans and Standard Specifications
The use of the California Department of Transportation Standards is required to ensure that all transportation project contracts are clear, concise, correct, complete and in compliance with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Substantial justification and approval for deviation from the Standards is required. Deviation should be rare and will not be approved for minor or preferential changes.
These Standards are the culmination of extensive development by the Department's most competent and proficient professionals. Concurrence has been obtained from stakeholders, including the Construction Division, Legal Division and FHWA. When applicable, concurrence has also been obtained from industry and other agencies.
- Limited Copies of 2018 Standard Plans Books and 2018 Specifications Books Available for Sale
2018 Standard Plans
- 2018 Standard Plans Book - Complete Download Version (PDF)
- 2018 Revised Standard Plans - Last Updated 10/18/2019 (PDF)
2018 Standard Specifications
- 2018 Standard Specifications Book (Volumes 1 and 2) - Complete Download Version (PDF)
- 2018 Revised Standard Specifications – Last Updated 10/18/2019 (PDF)
Sign Up For Email Notifications of Changes
To subscribe, visit Division of Design Construction Standards Email List Server