District 9 Small Business
Do Business with Caltrans
Caltrans is committed to increasing the economic opportunity and development of Small Business (SB) and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE) within the State of California. We are an equal opportunity employer and accept bids from all subcontractors and suppliers. This includes Minority and Women-owned businesses, Disadvantaged, Disabled Veterans and emerging Small Business Enterprises. Caltrans is committed to an SB participation goal of 25% and DVBE goal of 5% on State funded contracts and procurement opportunities.
Visit the Department of General Services website for SB/DVBE program information such as:
- Certification Eligibility and Benefits
- Bid Opportunities
- SB/DVBE Firm Search
- Outreach and Networking Events
Upcoming Events (July 2021)
- Caltrans has several statewide Small Business webinars in July. To find out more, click here to see the calendar of events.
Small Business Quick Links
For small businesses interested in working with Caltrans and the State of California, more information can be found at the following links
- CSU Bakersfield - Small Business Development Center: Promotes the development, growth, and success of small businesses in Kern, Inyo, and Mono counties.
- Cal eProcure: How to sell to the State of California, find bid opportunities, and other public information.
- California State Contracts Register List of Current Bids
- Calendar of Upcoming Bid Openings: Explore upcoming bids for Caltrans projects from the Division of Engineering Services: Program/Project Management and Office Engineer
- Office of Civil Rights: OCR ensures non-discrimination in the execution of contracts and promotes positive external customer relations.
- Office of Civil Rights Events Calendar (All in-person events have either been canceled or changed to virtual meetings due to ongoing COVID-19 precautions)
- Department of General Services Certification Application: Apply or re-apply for certification as a Small Business and/or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise.
- Small Business Administration: Fresno District Office.
- Monterey Bay PTAC: Procurement Technical Assistance Center that helps businesses successfully compete in the Federal, State, and Local Government marketplaces.
For More Information
To inquire about doing business in District 9 or for assistance call or email:
District 9 Small Business Liaison