This Pavement Rehabilitation project proposes strategies that should provide a service life of 40 years. This project proposes pavement rehabilitation for on/off ramps and adjacent shoulders. In addition, this project recommends upgrading the following: metal beam guardrail (MBGR), traffic loop detectors, and some other appurtenances and facilities within the project limits.
The Rosamond-Mojave Rehabilitation Project is planned for State Route 14 in Kern County, from 1.4 miles south of the Dawn Road overcrossing to .54 miles north of the Silver Queen Road overcrossing. The length of this project is approximately eight miles.
What to Expect During Construction:
- Construction hours are scheduled Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, and on Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- State Route 14 will remain open during construction.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction once pavement rehabilitation work begins.
- Traffic speeds will be reduced to 55 mph through the construction area.
- Overcrossings will temporarily close during construction at the overcrossing site.
(Please note the following timeline is subject to change)
- October 3, 2020 - Mobilization stage begins.
- October 6, 2020 - Caltrans hosts digital public meeting on the project.
- November 3, 2020 - Construction crews begin shoulder work.
- December 9, 2020 - All traffic will switch to northbound lanes. Traffic limited to one lane in each direction.
- June 2021 - Traffic will switch to southbound lanes. Traffic limited to one lane in each direction.
- April 2022 - Estimated completion date of construction.
Caltrans District 9 will be hosting a digital public meeting where members of the public can ask questions about the project. You can take part in the meeting online or by phone using the information below:
- Date: October 6, 2020
- Time: 6:00 pm
- Webex Meeting Link: https://cadot.webex.com/cadot/j.php?MTID=m2e2d3a050a4043e6590dda2691e820a7
- Meeting Number (Access Code): 146 795 5145
- Meeting Password: QPdEd67Gha5
- Join By Phone: 1-408-418-9388
- Access Code: 146 795 5145