Meadow Farms ADA Project
About the Project
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and the California Government Code Sections 4450 et seq., Caltrans proposes to upgrade pedestrian facilities to comply with State pedestrian accessibility design standards. The scope of the project includes upgrading non-standard curb ramps, driveways, pedestrian push buttons, restriping pavement markings, relocating traffic signals and masts, and constructing new pedestrian and bicycle facilities on both sides of U.S. Highway 395 in north Bishop.
The proposed project would construct ADA-compliant sidewalks, driveways, curbs and curb ramps as well as provide designated Class II bicycle lanes on both sides of US 395 from North See Vee Lane to North Barlow Lane in Inyo County near the City of Bishop.
Design Alternative Chosen
Caltrans District 9 has chosen the design alternative for the Meadow Farms ADA Project. The Meadow Farms project alternative 4A will include two lanes in each direction, a center two-way turn lane, a pedestrian-activated signal and painted crosswalk, and will modify each side of the highway with additional access in the following ways:
- On the northbound side of the highway, a shoulder will be constructed for advanced cyclists and a shared use sidewalk for pedestrians and cyclists. No on-street parallel parking will be allowed on the northbound side.
- On the southbound side of the highway, there will be a parallel parking lane and a shared use sidewalk for pedestrians and cyclists.
- An off-street parking lot will not be developed with this alternative.
Caltrans District 9 staff would like to thank Inyo County, Bishop Paiute Tribe, City of Bishop and the community for their participation and input.
The first virtual public meeting was held on May 21, 2020. A copy of the presentation can be found here: https://youtu.be/feaj0Ii-41g
The second virtual public meeting was held on November 4, 2020. A copy of the presentation can be found here: https://youtu.be/pUBj1KsMTMI
The estimated cost of Alternative 4A is $17,932,106.
If you would like a hard copy of the report, you can request one in the following ways:
- Email us at D9PublicInfo@dot.ca.gov.
- Call us at (760) 872-0601.
- Write us at Caltrans Public Information Office, 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, CA 93514.
A public comment period on the Environmental Document and the project alternatives began on October 12, 2020 and lasted through November 12, 2020.
- Angela Calloway, Caltrans Environmental Office Chief, (760) 872-2424
- Michael Lingberg, Caltrans District 9 Public Information Officer, (760) 920-0280
- Emilie Zelazo, Caltrans Environmental Planner, (760) 872-6041
|Accessibility Assistance: Caltrans makes every attempt to ensure our documents are accessible. Due to variances between assistive technologies, there may be portions of this document which are not accessible. Where documents cannot be made accessible, we are committed to providing alternative access to the content. Should you need additional assistance, please contact us at (916) 654-2852 or visit https://dot.ca.gov/request-ada-compliant-documents.|