Fish Springs Pavement
The project will repave nearly 9 miles of pavement on U.S. Highway 395 from 0.2 miles north of Elna Road, through the town of Big Pine, to the junction of State Route 168 E. This stretch of U.S. Highway 395 is showing signs of distress and cracking. Not only will repaving the road create a better driving experience for motorists and cyclists, but it will also defer the need for major and intrusive maintenance projects. Along with paving and asphalt work, major features of this project include ADA compliant sidewalk and curb ramps, striping, regulatory and warning signage, and a traffic census.
The estimated cost of this project is $40.8 million.
Project Schedule (Subject to Change):
- June 2022 - PA&ED
- May 2024 - Right of Way Certification
- September 2024 - Advertise
- January 2025 - Contract Approval
- February 2025 - Beginning of Construction
For More Information
- Michael Lingberg, Caltrans District 9 Public Information Officer, (760) 920-0280
For Title VI information, click here: Caltrans Title VI