Bishop Pavement Project
The Bishop Pavement project will:
- Rehabilitate pavement on U.S. Highway 395 and State Route 168 West in Bishop.
- Construct a multiuse path.
- Upgrade drainage and replace sidewalk facilities.
- Relocate traffic signal poles.
- Upgrade and construct pedestrian facilities.
- Replace Transportation Management Systems (TMS) count stations.
Project Public Meeting:
A virtual public meeting was held July 13, 2021 for the Bishop Pavement Project. More information on the meeting can be found here: Project Information | Bishop Pvmt (wixsite.com).
To view a recording of the public meeting, click here: Bishop Pavement Public Meeting. Enter vU6JpxNM for the password.
Draft Environmental Document
The Draft Environmental Document is now available for review and comment: Environmental | Bishop Pvmt (wixsite.com)
The comment period for the document will commence on June 28, 2021 and conclude on July 27, 2021. To submit a comment, click here: Submit Comments | Bishop Pvmt (wixsite.com)
The purpose of this project is to extend the life of the road by restoring it to a state of good repair, and upgrading chosen facilities to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
The pavement within the project limits is aging and will continue to deteriorate if left unchecked. Some pedestrian facilities and ADA ramps need to be upgraded to meet the current regulated standards. Drainage improvements will eliminate standing water.
The total cost of the Bishop Pavement Project is approximately $25 million.
- $2.4 million is funded by Senate Bill 1.
- $18.4 million comes from federal funds.
- $4.1 million comes from state funds.
Tentative Schedule (Subject to change):
- Project Approval and Environmental Document – 8/12/2021
- Design Complete – 6/2023
- Advertise Project – 11/2023
- Begin Construction – 3/2024
- Complete Construction – 12/2024