Sonoma County State Route 1 Emergency Repair Projects
Keep Highway 1 Operational!
Caltrans has initiated emergency repair projects along Sonoma Highway 1 to address roadway deterioration caused by storm damage and continued coastal erosion.
What’s Happening The Weekend Of July 11th, 2019
Caltrans invites you to a community meeting to discuss completed work and plans for continued road repairs along Highway 1 near Bodega Bay, Sonoma County (see map to the right).
The meeting is set for Thursday, July 11th from 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM at the Bodega Bay Fire Protection District Office.
- SON 1 PM 11.2: K-rail has been installed along highway shoulders to provide a safe work area. Work will take place Saturday night (07/13) 7 PM until Sunday morning (07/14) 7 AM.
- SON 1 PM 15.4: One-way traffic control operational.
- SON 1 PM 22.64: Work anticipated to repair slide and improve drainage.
- SON 1 PM 24.2: One-way traffic control and slide repair in progress.
- SON 1 PM 38.64: Work anticipated to repair slide.
What To Expect
A traveler can expect 5-10 minute delays at Locations 2-5.
Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, leave a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone.
Please visit 511.org or the Caltrans Quickmap for real-time info on travel conditions. Bodega Bay businesses along Highway 1 are open for business. Caltrans thanks you for your patience as we work to maintain California’s highways.