State Route 9 Saratoga Creek Bridge
Beginning Friday, July 7, 2023, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will perform a full nightly closures of Highway 9 (HWY9) Big Basin Road, at Sanborn Road, to continue construction of a temporary bridge for the Saratoga Creek Bridge Rehabilitation project, in the city of Saratoga, Santa Clara County. The overnight closures are needed so that crews can safely continue installing the sections of the temporary bridge in place. More information available in the traffic advisory.
Caltrans is scheduled to begin construction on the Saratoga Creek Bridge Rehabilitation on State Route 9 (SR-9), Saratoga, CA, spring of 2023. This project will maintain safe and stable connectivity along State Route 9 between the City of Saratoga in Santa Clara County and the community of Felton in Santa Cruz County. Caltrans recommends replacing the bridge, due to seismic and structural concerns. The rehabilitation project will allow the newly replaced bridge to meet seismic safety regulations.
To ensure worker and public safety, northbound and southbound will be reduced with intermittent night closures to the traveling public beginning March 2023 to December 2023. Please plan your commute ahead of time. Detours will be in place and traffic impacts are expected.
This project will maintain safe and stable connectivity along State Route 9 between the City of Saratoga in Santa Clara County and the community of Felton in Santa Cruz County. Caltrans’ Office of Structure Maintenance and Investigations recommends replacing or retrofitting the Saratoga Creek Bridge (No. 37-0074), at post mile 4.9 due to seismic and structural concerns.
Near Saratoga, at Saratoga Creek Bridge No. 37-0074. Replace bridge while maintaining existing bridge outside façade.
The project will be predominantly constructed during the day, but some intermittent night work is expected. During construction of the new bridge, there will be mainly fulltime one-way traffic control. At specific announced periods, there will need to be a full closure and detours will be established.
State Route 9 Northbound Detour
- Turn RIGHT/LEFT on Redwood Gulch Rd
- Turn RIGHT on Stevens Canyon Rd
- Turn RIGHT on Mt. Eden Rd
- Turn RIGHT on Pierce Rd
- Turn RIGHT/LEFT on NB SR-9
State Route 9 Southbound Detour
- Turn RIGHT/LEFT on Pierce Rd
- Turn LEFT on Mt. Eden Rd
- Turn LEFT on Stevens Canyon Rd
- Turn LEFT on Redwood Gulch Rd
- Turn RIGHT/LEFT on SB SR-9
State Route 9 Northern Detour (Semi Trailer Truck Route)
From NB/SB SR-35 Skyline Blvd and SB SR-9 Big Basin Way:
- Turn onto SB SR-9
- Turn left on Graham Hill Rd
- Turn left on Mt Herman Rd
- Right onto Onramp for SR-17 San Jose
- Use Exit SR-9 Los Gatos Saratoga
State Route 9 Southern Detour (Semi Trailer Truck Route)
From SB SR-9 East of Bridge Closure to NB/SB SR-9:
- Right Turn on Pierce or Toll Gate Rd
- Right Turn on Saratoga Heights Dr
- Saratoga Heights Dr merges with Toll Gate Rd
- Left Turn on SR -9 Congress Springs Rd/Big Basin Way
- Right Turn on Saratoga-Los Gatos Rd
- Use Connector Ramp 17 South Santa Cruz
- Take Exit Mt Herman Rd
- Take Mt Herman Rd towards Felton
- Turn Right on Graham Hill Rd
- Turn Left/Right on NB SR-9
Video Advisory for Saratoga Creek Bridge
Project At A Glance
Start Construction....................... March 2023
End Construction........................ December 2023 (Tentative)