State Route 70 Corridor Improvement Project – E. Gridley Rd to Butte-Yuba County Line
- Widen the existing 2-lane highway to five lanes.
- Create a continuous two-way left turn.
- Widen the shoulders to 8 feet.
- Upgrade drainage systems.
- Establish an area for vehicles veering off the roadway to return to the main highway.
- Construct a new bridge with standard lanes and shoulders over Honcut Creek
This project will improve safety along State Route 70 corridor by providing continuous passing opportunities for vehicles from East Gridley Road to the Butte-Yuba county line. The corridor has experienced higher than average collision rates with the majority of accidents attributed to the lack of passing lanes. The additional lanes will increase highway capacity to meet future economic development, including population growth, in Butte County.
Estimated total project cost - $50 million in state and local funds
Environmental Clearance - December 2019
Design Completed – October 2020
Begin Construction – June 2021
Expected Completion – December 2022
Cameron Knudson, Project Manager
Phone: (530) 218-1820
Gilbert Mohtes-Chan, Public Information Officer
Phone: (530) 741-4571