State Route 49 Safety Barrier
This project is located on California State Route (SR-49) in Placer County. Its main objective is to reduce collisions by constructing a concrete median barrier and two roundabouts at the Lorenson Road intersection and Lone Star Road intersection. A concrete median barrier will be installed between the two roundabouts, stretching for 1.3 miles. Asphalt paving, striping, road surface marking, curb gutters and sidewalks, and signage are also elements that are considered in this project.
Purpose and Need:
The purpose of this project is to improve safety on SR-49 by reducing the potential for cross centerline collisions.
Placement of a concrete barrier between opposing lanes of traffic should significantly reduce the potential for cross centerline collisions. Placement of roundabouts at these intersections will reduce the number of possible conflict points as well as reduce the severity of collisions at these intersections.
Support Cost: $5,840,000
Capital Cost: $29,830,000
Total Project Cost: $35,670,000
Project Approval & Environmental Document: September 2021
Design Completed: May 2022
Advertise Project: May 2022
Begin Construction: September 2022
Complete Construction: August 2024
Wednesday, June 2 from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Log in to view the virtual presentation here; a WebEx account is not required.
- Meeting number 1876 97 2408; passcode safetybarrier
- Listen in by phone at 1-408-418-9388. Please enter meeting number 1876972408##
- WebEx phone attendees will not be able to view the presentation and will remain muted. Those wishing to ask questions are advised to utilize the conference call option.
- Connect directly with a Caltrans staff member by dialing 1-888-570-6350, participant code 4170217.
- Please note that you will not be able to view the presentation or interact with presenters on the conference call. A Caltrans staff member will be available to pass along any questions or comments.
Sam Vandell, Project Manager, (530) 741-4593; email@example.com
Raquel Borrayo, Public Information Officer, (530) 701-5209; firstname.lastname@example.org