Colusa Highway 20 Improvements
- Replace the old pavement and bring the roadway cross slopes to current highway standards, which will improve access for motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Improve the curved section of the curbs location at the corner of intersections to meet today’s Americans with Disabilities Act requirements.
- Construct new sidewalks.
- Update the current highway curbs and gutters.
- Convert the existing surface drainage into an underground system, which will improve drainage.
Constructed in the 1950s, this one-mile stretch of State Highway 20 between Butte Vista Drive and Market Street requires extensive maintenance. The pavement cross slopes no longer meet today’s highway standards. The drainage system needs improvements to avoid constant maintenance issues. Some sections of the highway lack sidewalks for pedestrians.
Local - $0
State - $13.5 million
Federal - $0
Estimated Total Project Cost - $13.5 million
Environmental Clearance – October 2016
Right of Way Acquisition – February 2018
Design Completion – March 2018
Begin Utility Relocation – Spring 2018
Begin Construction – Spring 2019
Project Completion – Winter 2020
City of Colusa and Colusa County
- Final Project Scope Summary Report (PDF)
- Project Design Layout (PDF)
- Public Notice - June 1, 2016 (PDF)
News / Events
- Caltrans Seeks Public Feedback on Proposed Colusa Highway Project
Video / Photos
No additional photos or videos available.