Butte 162 Roadway Widening
- Construct a two-way left turn lane.
- Widen shoulders to 8 feet.
- Create a clear recovery zone for vehicles.
- Install drainage ditches and culverts.
- Rehabilitate asphalt and replace highway striping.
What We Are Doing
This project will improve safety on State Route 162 between Foothill Boulevard and the Gold Country Casino by providing a two-way left turn, standard 8-feet wide shoulders and a clear recovery zone to reduce traffic collisions.
Total cost: $22.4 million
Project ScheduleProject Approval & Environmental Document – February 1, 2019
Design Completed – November 1, 2019
Advertise Project – April 14, 2020
Begin Construction – July 1, 2020
Expected Completion - July 1, 2022
Public Information Officer