Butte 162 Roadway Widening
- Construct a continuous 12-foot wide two-way left turn lane.
- Widen shoulders to 8 feet.
- Create a 20-foot clear recovery zone for vehicles.
- Replace or extend culverts as needed.
- Rehabilitate asphalt and replace highway striping.
- Relocate Utilities.
- Reconstruct driveways
What We Are Doing
This project will improve safety on State Route 162 between Foothill Boulevard and the Gold Country Casino by providing a two-way left turn, standard 8-feet wide shoulders and a clear recovery zone to reduce traffic collisions.
Total cost: $22.5 million in federal and state funds.
Project Approval and Environmental Document: February 2019
Advertise Project: June 2021
Begin Construction: Spring 2022
Complete Construction: Winter 2022
Public Information Officer