Caltrans District 3 - Division of Planning, Local Assistance, and Sustainability (DPLAS)
The Division of Planning, Local Assistance, and Sustainability (DPLAS) is an interdisciplinary team of transportation planners, engineers, and support staff work cooperatively together to meet California's transportation needs while being sensitive to the needs of our communities and partners in the planning process.
- Sukhvinder (Sue) Takhar is the Deputy District Director of DPLAS.
- Alexander Fong is the Acting Assistant Deputy District Director of DPLAS.
The District 3 Office of Advance Planning develops Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) and provides quality assurance review of PIDs developed by local agencies for projects on the State Highway System (SHS) in the 11 counties covered by District 3. PIDs are required to be developed and approved by Caltrans before any major or high complexity project can be programmed and constructed on the SHS. Projects requiring a PID must be identified in a Regional Transportation Planning Agency or Caltrans plan, such as a Regional Transportation Plan or 10-Year SHOPP Plan.
For more information, see below:
- Gurtej Bhattal | (Acting) Advance Planning Branch Chief
The Regional Planning Branches are responsible for grant management, oversight, policy implementation, and local develop intergovernmental review (LD-IGR). To learn more about each branch, click here. For more information and specialist activities, see below.
- Dianira Soto | (Acting) Corridor Planning Manager and (Acting) Sustainability & Special Projects Manager
- Gary Arnold | (Acting) PID Resource Manager
- Amber Moran | Complete Streets Coordinator and Park and Ride Coordinator
- Deborah McKee | District Freight Coordinator and Native American Liaison
- Brian Zapata | Title VI
The Office of Local Assistance oversees the authorization, allocation, and reimbursement of federal and state funds made available to the cities, counties, and regional agencies in District 3 for their transportation projects. For project delivery resources and additional information about the Local Assistance team, follow this link.
For more information on District 3's sustainability efforts, please contact Dianira Soto at: Dianira.Soto@dot.ca.gov.
Note: Caltrans is currently remediating documents for ADA compliance. If you are looking for a specific document, please contact Shannon Roberts: Shannon.T.Roberts@dot.ca.gov