Bridge Maintenance in Lassen, Modoc, and Shasta County
Caltrans District 2, in conjunction with American Civil Constructors West Coast LLC, is preparing to begin work on a bridge maintenance project at various locations in Lassen, Modoc, and Shasta County. The $2.6 million project will repair concrete, replace joint seals and polyester concrete overlays, and provide other bridge maintenance work at the following locations:
- Nubieber Overhead: State Route 299 in Lassen County, approximately 0.5 miles east of Nubieber.
- Pit River Overflow: Various locations on State Route 299 in Lassen County, between Nubieber and Bieber.
- Pit River Bridge: State Route 299 in Lassen County, near 4 Corners Road in Bieber.
- Perez Overhead: State Route 139 in Modoc County, just north of Clear Lake Road.
- Dry Creek Bridge: State Route 299 in Modoc County, approximately 1.5 miles northeast of Adin.
- Lake Britton Bridge: State Route 89 in Shasta County, east of Rim of the Lake Road.
Construction activities are anticipated to begin on September 13. Motorists will encounter one-way traffic control with up to six minute delays. While the majority of the work will be conducted Monday through Friday during daytime hours, some night work is also anticipated during the project.
The project is currently anticipated to be completed by July of 2022.