Updated Information As Of Monday, March 20, 2023, At 9:45 A.M.
STOCKTON – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is performing the following highway closures due to storm-related activity. Closure updates and locations are below as of Monday, March 20, 2023, as of 9:45 a.m.:
- Full highway closure of SR-89 at Laramie Street past the Carson River Resort in Markleeville for slide removal. There is no ETO (Estimated Time Opening.)
- Full highway closure of SR-140 from Foresta Road to El Portal Road for slide removal. There is no ETO. Motorists are being detoured at Foresta Road and El Portal Road.
- Full highway closure of SR-59 from Dickenson Road/Mission Avenue to McNamara Road, south of Merced due to flooding near Mariposa Creek. There is no ETO.
Carson Pass (SR-88):
- Carson Pass is currently OPEN. Intermittent, unscheduled closures are expected to continue for potential snow removal and avalanche control.
Carson Spur (SR-88):
- Carson Spur is currently CLOSED due to avalanche control. There is no ETO.
Intermittent, unscheduled closures are expected for potential snow removal and avalanche control.
Road closures due to snow, flooding and rockslides in some areas are still possible. If you must travel, be prepared for winter driving conditions. In the mountains, always have chains, winterize your vehicle, and pack an emergency kit. Stay back and give snowplows and first responders room to work safely.
In wet weather, reduce speed and follow at a safe distance, inspect wipers, and replace if needed. Don’t use cruise control, check headlights, inflate tires to the correct pressures, check tread, and heed flood warnings and road closures.
More tips and information are available here: dot.ca.gov/travel. Check Caltrans for road conditions: quickmap.dot.ca.gov or 1-800-427-7623.