Dr. Fine Bridge Replacement
This project will replace the Dr. Fine Bridge over the Smith River on U.S. 101 north of Crescent City. Built in 1940, the existing bridge is near the end of its useful life. A new bridge will better accommodate vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
Existing bridge built in 1940
Minimal Traffic Impacts
Traffic impacts will be minimal while we replace the Dr. Fine Bridge. Construction is scheduled from fall 2022 to sometime in 2025. During this time frame, travelers should anticipate a speed limit reduction to 25 MPH. In the summer or fall of 2023, it is anticipated that traffic will be diverted onto a temporary bridge east of the existing structure as the old bridge is demolished and the new bridge is built. The speed limit will be reduced for the duration of the project.
During the summer construction seasons, there will be no boat access beneath the bridge.
- Circulation of Draft Environmental Document - October 1, 2019 to November 15, 2019
- Final Environmental Document - March 2020
- Completion of Final Design - April 2021
- Begin Construction - Anticipated Fall 2022
- End Construction - Anticipated sometime in 2025