District 1 Scholarship Program
2023 Scholarship Program
The 2023 scholarship is now closed. Please follow our social media channels for announcements of future scholarship opportunities.
The California Department of Transportation, District 1, in conjunction with the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) and Caltrans Social Fund, is pleased to announce the availability of one $2,250 scholarship. This scholarship opportunity supports the professional growth and development of students seeking a career in transportation.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior or undergraduate college student from or residing in Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake, or Mendocino County.
- Must plan to pursue a career in transportation.
- Must attend or be accepted to a post-secondary institute (college/university/vocational/technical school) in California.
- Must provide an official transcript to verify Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Must provide a description of participation in extra-curricular and/or community-related activities
- Letters of recommendation will be considered.
Please note students related to Caltrans employees may apply.
Please contact Public Information Officer Meriah Miracle at Meriah.Miracle@dot.ca.gov with any questions.