District 1 Scholarship Program
2021 Scholarship Program - Call for Applications
The California Department of Transportation, District 1, in conjunction with the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) and Caltrans Social Fund, is pleased to announce the availability of one $1,500 scholarship. This scholarship opportunity supports the professional growth and development of students, high school seniors, and first or second-year college students, seeking a career in transportation.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior or first or second-year college student from or residing in Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake, or Mendocino County.
- Must plan to pursue a career in transportation.
- Must attend or be accepted to a post-secondary institute (college/university/vocational/technical school) in California.
- Must provide an official transcript to verify Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Must provide a description of participation in extra-curricular and/or community-related activities
- Letters of recommendation will be considered.
Students related to Caltrans employees may apply.
Please contact Public Information Officer Andrew Goetz at Andrew.Goetz@dot.ca.gov for scholarship applications.
Applications must be postmarked by Friday, May 28, 2021.