District 1 Scholarship Program
2022 Scholarship Program
The program is closed for 2022. Check back next year for more information and an updated application!
The California Department of Transportation, District 1, in conjunction with the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) and Caltrans Social Fund, is pleased to announce the availability of one $2,250 scholarship. This scholarship opportunity supports the professional growth and development of students, high school seniors, and first or second-year college students, seeking a career in transportation.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior or first or second-year college student from or residing in Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake, or Mendocino County.
- Must plan to pursue a career in transportation.
- Must attend or be accepted to a post-secondary institute (college/university/vocational/technical school) in California.
- Must provide an official transcript to verify Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Must provide a description of participation in extra-curricular and/or community-related activities
- Letters of recommendation will be considered.
Students related to Caltrans employees may apply.
Please contact Public Information Officer Meriah Miracle at Meriah.Miracle@dot.ca.gov with any questions.
Applications must be postmarked by Friday, May 27, 2022.