Caltrans Division of Research, Innovation and System Information (DRISI) manages a comprehensive program to research, develop, test, and evaluate transportation innovations sought by its customers. These innovations in methods, materials, and technologies enable Caltrans to promote safety, enhance mobility and sustainability, improve the management of public facilities and services, and protect public investment in transportation infrastructure.
Awards and RecognitionCaltrans Research Wins: Our efforts were rewarded on September 9th at the 2014 World Congress on Intelligent Transport in Detroit, Michigan. The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) awarded Caltrans with its top honor in the category of Best New Innovative Practice for Research, Design and Innovation for the One-Stop-Shop (OSS) for Rural Traveler Information project.
Research Reports and Summaries
- Right of Way/Land Surveys
- Transportation Safety & Mobility
- Advanced Highway Maintenance and Construction Technology Research Center (AHMCT)
- California Traffic Management Laboratories (CTMLabs)
- University of Transportation Centers (UTC)
- Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER)
- University of California Pavement Research Center (UCPRC)
- Western Transportation Institute (WTI)
- Partners for Advanced Transportation Technology (PATH)