Contract with Caltrans
Learn How To Contract
Caltrans partners with the California Department of General Services (DGS) to make doing business with the State of California easier.
DGS provides an eProcurement portal where bidding opportunities can be advertised by state agencies to be viewed and bid on by businesses.
To access the eProcurement portal and to view bidding opportunities, visit the Cal eProcure website.
When an emergency strikes, Caltrans may use emergency procedures to immediately select a contractor to reopen damaged facilities. The Caltrans Contractor Interest Registry provides Caltrans with a list of contractors potentially available for emergency work, if needed.
Potential emergency services include, but are not limited to,
- Reconstruct pavement under emergency conditions
- Excavate slopes or construct embankment
- Rent heavy equipment to Caltrans on short notice
- Demolish damaged structures
- Remove and replace culverts and drains
- Provide temporary traffic control
Businesses interested in providing emergency services should visit the Caltrans Contractor Interest Registry to complete the proper forms.
View Services For Which Caltrans Contracts
Caltrans contracts for many types of services – the following list is a sample of the service contracts Caltrans may advertise for.
- Architectural and Engineering Design
- Cleanup of Hazardous Chemical Spills
- Construction Projects
- Equipment Rental
- Escrow Services
- Expert Witness
- Hazardous Waste Removal
- Highway Equipment - Operation and/or Rental
- Maintenance Service and Rest Areas
- Public Works
- Class A - General Engineering Contractors
- Class B - General Building Contractors
- Class C - Specialty Contractors
- Class D - Contractors (Limited Specialty Classifications)
- ASB - Asbestos
- HAZ - Hazardous Substance Removal
For current contracting opportunities, visit the Cal eProcure website.